Applications for PGI Consultants are now open!
Interested in becoming a Consultant for the Public Good Initiative?
Application forms can be found and completed here.
Applications are due Friday 16th September at 11:59pm. Check out the list of projects for 2016-2017 before applying!
Note: applicants must be available for a very short interview on Wednesday 21st September and a mandatory Orientation Session on Friday 30th September at 10am – 2pm.
Are you a student at the School of Public Policy and Governance at the University of Toronto seeking experience as a policy consultant? We want to harness your creativity and ingenuity to help public-benefit organizations in our community. Your fresh perspective and research skills could be a significant asset to a worthwhile organization.
What will you get out of your experience as a PGI consultant?
- Peer consultant relations
- Practice working in a small, professional team
- Network with your classmates
- Client relations
- Practice the art of ‘managing up’
- Network within your client organization
- Gain contacts for informational interviews
- Build effective communication skills in the professional setting
- Professional development
- Attend networking events and speakers
- Learn ‘consulting 101’ from training sessions and workshops, delivered by seasoned consultants (Deloitte, McKinsey)
- Experience working on a policy project
- Develop project management (from start-to-finish!) skills
- Practice professional policy research, writing and presentation preparation
- Produce a concrete, marketable deliverable
- Gain a valuable interview story and addition to your policy resume