Interested in becoming a Consultant for the Public Good Initiative?
Applications for PGI Consultants for 2019-20 will open in September. If you have any questions or inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a student at the Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy at the University of Toronto seeking experience as a policy consultant? We want to harness your creativity and ingenuity to help public-benefit organizations in our community. Your fresh perspective and research skills could be a significant asset to a worthwhile organization.
What will you get out of your experience as a PGI consultant?
- Peer consultant relations
- Practice working in a small, professional team
- Network with your classmates
- Client relations
- Practice the art of ‘managing up’
- Network within your client organization
- Gain contacts for informational interviews
- Build effective communication skills in the professional setting
- Professional development
- Attend networking events and speakers
- Learn ‘consulting 101’ from training sessions and workshops
- Experience working on a policy project
- Develop project management (from start-to-finish!) skills
- Practice professional policy research, writing and presentation preparation
- Produce a concrete, marketable deliverable
- Gain a valuable interview story and addition to your policy resume